Thing #52 I Like About Living Where I Do

52. When I set out to list on this blog the things I like about living where I do, I planned to list twenty things in two installments. Then I realized I had to add ten more. Then ten more. And now, it's at 52 and climbing. That just shows, I guess, that I like a lot of things about living where I do.

One of those is Lafferty Automotive, in W. College Corner, Indiana, just up the road from the booming metropolis of Oxford, Ohio. That's owner, proprietor, and car genius Bill Lafferty waving for the camera.

Having lived in ten different communities (in OH, NY, and NJ) since I got married at the ripe old age of nineteen, I have learned that a reliable, trustworthy, and talented car mechanic is worth more than gold, yea, than much fine gold. And Bill Lafferty is that (and a friend, besides). I figure that anyone who can build a working hydrogen cell for an AMC Hornet can fix pretty much anything that goes wrong with my 2000 Ford Focus. And he has.

Since Bill's been working on our cars, I've come to trust him explicity and implicitly. He has saved me a lot of money, worry, and stress over the years.

If you're in the area, you should take your car to Lafferty Automotive, 3988 US Highway 27, West College Corner, IN 47003-9310, (765) 732-3441.

Bill, can I have my $5 now?

No comments:

Post a Comment