Lane Public Library, Hamilton, OH

Now that I'm writing full-time again, I have been and will be more often frequenting the historic Hamilton location of the Lane Public Library of Hamilton, Oxford, and Fairfield (previously I would use the Oxford branch, as I spent far more time in Oxford when working full-time for Cobblestone Community Church).

I love this library. It is housed in a historic building and features an octagonal lobby that was once the original library (see below).

The library itself was started by Clark Lane as a place for local factory workers to read (Hamilton is a paper mill town from way back, and this location is mere blocks from one of the mills). It later became Lane Free Library.

Renovations a few years ago further improved on the library's facilities. It's worth a visit if you love books...or architecture...or history.

No comments:

Post a Comment