Thing #46 I Like About Living Where I Do

46. Seeing Friends in the Grocery Store. Seriously. I know this will seem ridiculous to many folks, but for the first fifteen years or so of my adult life, I had not lived in a town more than a few years, so I didn't get to know many people in the community at large. But now, after being in this area for eighteen years, I enjoy seeing friends new and old in the grocery store, which happens more often than not. Some days it's like "Old Home Week" when I go grocery shopping. Sometimes I'm feeling rushed and frazzled, so it's not as fun as it as at other times when I have a little more time to chat...but still, even for an introvert like me, this is something I like about living where I do. And it's not just the grocery store, but also restaurants, movies, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment