Thing #50 I Like About Living Where I Do

50. The newest installment in what has become an ongoing series here on the "Hither & Yon Blog" is the Duke Energy Center in downtown Cincinnati. It used to be the Cincinnati Convention Center, but it's a whole lotta different nowadays.

The Duke Energy Center hosts such diverse events as the Cavalcade of Customs (January), the International Hoof Care Summit (February), the Midwest Home School Convention (March/April), and the International Quilt Festival (April), among many others. I've never been to any of those, but I WILL be attending the 2011 North American Christian Convention this July, where I'll be soaking in some great speakers, among whom will be Miles McPherson and Francis Chan. And all this will take place just a forty-five minute commute from my own comfy bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment