Dining on the Grand Princess

I mentioned in an earlier post that our recent fortieth anniversary cruise to Hawaii was our fifth cruise (our first Princess Cruise). This time we really hit our stride when it came to eating. With two exceptions, I think, we ordered room service breakfast every morning, so I could eat when I was ready and Robin could sleep a little longer and eat when she was ready. I know the above spread looks like breakfast for two or three people, but all that was for just me. Mmm mmm good.
Our meals in the dining room were outstanding. We expected gourmet dining, of course, and were still surprised at the amazingness of the food, from the appetizers (crab cake, above)....
...to the entrees (short ribs, vegetables, and mashed potatoes, above, and steak, potatoes, and carrots, below)...
...to the desserts (below).
Robin fell in love with a soufflé and I enjoyed multiple servings of pineapple brûlée (below).
Our waiters, Alex and David, were the finest we've ever had, and our table mates were thoroughly enjoyable company. The whole experience was memorable. Thanks, Grand Princess!


No comments:

Post a Comment