At Sea on the Grand Princess

The first morning of our recent cruise to and from Hawaii on Princess Cruise Line's Grand Princess brought cloudy skies but a strikingly calm sea. I took the above picture from our balcony while enjoying my room service breakfast. Hardly a ripple in the ocean. I guess that's what "smooth sailing" means.
I found the fitness center and, surprisingly enough, they let me in! I guess you don't have to be fit to get in. Soon the lovely Robin and I attended the first of nine or ten ukulele classes we enjoyed while cruising, each "at sea" morning at 10:30. What fun. I am now a seasoned incompetent on the ukulele.

Later, while Robin attended a hula class (I was hoping for grass skirts to be issued...to no avail), I attended a Rock 'n' Roll Trivia game in one of the ship's lounges. However, the game was heavily slanted toward the 50s, so I didn't win. That was the only reason.
That evening we enjoyed the vocal stylings of Claude-Eric in the Princess Theater, the largest venue on the ship, before grabbing an ice cream cone on the Lido Deck and heading back to our room, still a little jet-lagged from our travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment