Roscoe's, Richmond IN

I had occasion yesterday to revisit a new favorite haunt of mine, Two Sisters Books in Richmond, Indiana. So I went a little early to pay a lunchtime visit to Roscoe's (above), an almost-right-next-door coffee and sandwich shop in Richmond's delightful Depot District.
I'm glad I did. Roscoe's sells a variety of organic coffee drinks and teas, soups and sandwiches, pastries and desserts, along with wines and a lineup of specialty, craft beers. I was greeted warmly on walking in and ordered a pour-over cup of freshly ground coffee and an egg sammich. I like egg sammiches.
It was perfect. The sandwich, on sourdough bread, lightly toasted, also included (according to my specifications) swiss cheese, spinach, and the lightest hint of mustard. Outstanding. The coffee, Brazil roast served in a mug, was likewise just-so, smooth and mild, the way I like it.

Roscoe's is located at 185 Fort Wayne Ave in Richmond, Indiana. They are open every day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment