Heini's Cheese Chalet, Berlin, OH

As hard as it may be, I will do my best to hold the inappropriate jokes as I blog about my visit this past weekend (with the lovely Robin) to Heini's Cheese Chalet in Berlin, Ohio.
We've encountered crowds there before, but this time was the most crowded we've ever seen it. The line waiting to go through the long rows of cheese coolers (with free tasting samples) was out the cooler-room door.
So I didn't join the line (besides, it was close to closing time, and we still had another stop to make). But Robin did scout out the other end of the store, so I got to enjoy some samples anyway, and bought some cheese. Mmmm mmm good.
Heini's is one of the premier cheese retailers east of the Mississippi River, and one of the most successful wholesale manufacturers serving clients throughout North America. A family business, it is also the primary outlet for the Amish farms in the area. The variety and quality of cheese there is amazing. They also produce and sell sausage, jams, etc. (I loved the rhubarb jam!). It is located at 6005 County Road 77, just outside of Berlin, Ohio, in the heart of Ohio's "Amish Country."

No comments:

Post a Comment