Fireside Cafe, Shipshewana, IN

The lovely Robin and I were hosted this week by our new and good friends Glen and Carole Caddy for a three-day retreat in Shipshewana, Indiana (I spoke twice on Wednesday and twice again on Thursday). On Wednesday, they graciously took us to lunch (or "dinner," as it is called in Amish country) at the Fireside Cafe inside Yoder's Shopping Center on SR 5. It is a combination sandwich shop, barbeque restaurant, and ice cream shop.
Robin and I each had a delicious and fresh (but not over large) cranberry and pecan salad that was quite good. The ambiance was quite nice, and the company outstanding.
Glen's brisket sandwich, though, made me jealous. I can't believe he ate the whole thing without offering me a bite.

Fireside Cafe is located at 300 S. Van Buren Street in Shipshewana, Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment