Willis Monie Books

I would never have known the Willis Monie Bookstore was there if it weren't for the lovely Robin. While my brother Don and I spent hours in the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown, New York, she and Arvilla, my sister-in-law, did some shopping and walking around the town, and discovered this gem. 
I love bookstores like this, with books stacked and crammed in every nook and cranny. I just know there is buried treasure somewhere waiting for me. This store has been in business for more than twenty-five years. As you might expect, they carry a wide selection of baseball books (many of them signed). But they also offer Americana, theology, art, history, fiction (including thousands of titles in Mystery and Science Fiction) and many, many others. They have over eighty thousand books listed in store and online. 
As we were in Cooperstown, home of James Fenimore Cooper, I bought hardcover copies of The Pathfinder and The Pioneers, two of his classic Leatherstocking Tales.

I could have stayed much longer than we did. In fact, I offered myself for hire, but they suggested I should pay them to work there. Good point. 

WIllis Monie Books is located at 139 Main Street in Cooperstown. It is easy to miss, tucked into the back corner of a building housing other businesses, but if you're ever in Cooperstown, look for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment