We're Perusing

This blog and my other two blogs will be silent for the next few weeks. I leave Monday with the lovely Robin for nine or ten days of ministry in Peru, with our friends Don and Christie Latta. While this is the sixth year our church has sent a mission team to Peru (the picture above was taken on one of those previous trips), this will be my first. I'm really looking forward to it and would appreciate your prayers.

I'm expecting to preach a little, pray a lot, do some dental clinics, maybe help Vic with a little plumbing work, play with kids, smile a lot, and otherwise do whatever is called for in those ten days. We really hope to find some way to be a blessing to Don and Christie, and to as many other people as we can. We know, too, how these things go: we'll come back having received more than we've given.

After our mission efforts are done, the lovely Robin and I will fly from Arequipa to Cuzco, spend a night and then take a train to Machu Pichu (pictured at left), the fabled lost city of the Incas. After a day at Machu Pichu, we'll fly out of Cuzco, to Lima, and then back home by way of Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment