Mark's Feed Store, Louisville KY

Oh my. One of the highlights of last week's "writer's fun day" in Louisville, Kentucky, was the finale. At Mark's Feed Store in the Highlands neighborhood, close to where we stayed.
We were seated immediately and choose a second-floor indoor option because we obviously needed the exercise.
 I ordered the assortment of "slider" sandwiches of brisket, pork, and chicken, fried corn on the cob, and potato salad. I wasn't crazy about the potato salad, but everything else was excellent. But the best was yet to come.
Because it was our first "Mark's" experience, each of us were given a complimentary slice of buttermilk pie. I don't think I've ever had buttermilk pie before, but this was amazing.

Our server was wonderful, giving us each (because we were first-timers, again) a free bottle of barbecue sauce to take home. We felt like kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment