Jack Fry's, Louisville KY

On my recent "Writer's Fun Day" overnight retreat thing with a few writer friends in Louisville, Kentucky, I took the recommendation of a friend and took us to dinner at Jack Fry's in the Highlands/Cherokee Triangle area (whatever that means) of Louisville.  We were seated quickly, without a reservation, but the hostess graciously explained that our booth was spoken for at 7:30. She was probably worried, judging from my size, that I might need more than an hour and forty-five minutes for dinner.
The friend who recommended it said it's kind of expensive, and it was. After a glance at the menu I offered my friends a walk-out option, in which they could leave one at a time and I would stay behind for a couple minutes before telling the hostess that we weren't staying, but they said they would go with the flow.
It was a delicious meal, no doubt about it. I had the $30 crusted pork chop with other stuff, which you can see above. The chop was four or five inches thick, at least. Healthy pigs around there. And the company was pretty doggone good, too. We had a great meal together, and then perambulated outta there. It was just that kind of place. 

Jack Fry's is located at 1007 Bardstown Road in Louisville, Kentucky. Tell them Bob sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment