NAMI Walk 2015

Yesterday morning, for the third time, I think, I joined my wife, daughter, three of our five grandchildren, and some of my wife's coworkers from Access Counseling Services for the 2015 5K NAMI Walk to benefit the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
It was a beautiful day for a walk, a bit chilly to start but plenty warm at the end. We started at the Fitton Center for the Arts in downtown Hamilton and enjoyed blue skies, the sparkling waters of the Great Miami River, and a good crowd the whole way to the lower dam, where we turned around. 
The grandkids behaved themselves admirably (as did I), and by a little after 11:00, we were headed home, glad once more to contribute to a worthy cause, and to support the lovely Robin and her good friends at Access.

No comments:

Post a Comment