In Which I Offer Myself for Service

Okay, so poor spelling and, shall we say, creative syntax is sort of a running joke in the area of the country where I recently vacationed (Gatlinburg, Tennessee). Still, there is no good reason to assault the English language (and those who respect it) with such punctuation and spelling as the screen below shows (from the Hatfield and McCoy Dinner Show in Pigeon Forge):


This is not hillbilly humor. It's a mistake. A couple of them, actually. So I propose a solution. I am available--very affordable, I might add--to all commercial and entertainment venues in that area as a proofreader and grammar-and-spelling enforcer extraordinaire. Call me, please. You owe it to yourself, and the people you serve.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment