Riverfront Park, Spokane, WA

One of the pleasant features of my visit to Spokane so far has been my Sunday afternoon walk through Riverfront Park, a public park located along the Spokane River, not far up from the Spokane Falls.


It was created for Expo '74, a World's Fair event, and was being enjoyed on this beautiful day by bikers, walkers, families, and more.


The gigantic Radio Flyer slide made me miss my grandkids. I wish I could've watched their eyes widen at this sight.


The park is well known for the Riverfront Park Carousel (below, which I'm told used to have an honest-to-goodness brass ring), as well as an IMAX theatre, Clock tower (seen in the photos above), skyride over the falls, Spokane River Centennial Trail which passes through it, and more.


It was a great day for a walk, and a great place to enjoy the scenery, including the fountain sculpture (below) at the entrance to the park.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment