Auntie's Books

One of my favorite things to do when traveling is to discover unique, locally-owned, one-of-a-kind bookstores. Like Auntie's Bookstore on Main Street in Spokane.


Auntie's is Spokane's largest independently owned book store, and it's nice and big. It is open seven days a week, and seems to be thriving. When I was there on a Sunday afternoon, the place was hopping.


The children's section (one of my favorites in any bookstore) is large and interesting and I wanted to live there.


I also love that Auntie's--like Powell's in Portland--stocks new and used books side-by-side. Why every bookstore doesn't do this, I don't know. Well, I probably do, but I don't like it.


If you're ever in Spokane, pay a visit to Auntie's. It's a great way to kill a few hours. Or days.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment