The Davenport Hotel

My digs this week are some of the most elegant I've ever enjoyed. I have been provided a room at the historic Davenport Hotel, in downtown Spokane.


It is named for Llewellyn "Louis" Davenport, who came to Spokane in 1889 at the age of 20. He opened a restaurant, and became very successful. The hotel that bears his name was opened in 1914.


Closed in 1985 and revived by local entrepreneurs Walt and Karen Worthy in 2000, it has been restored to breathtaking beauty and vibrancy.


The lobby and atrium are luxurious, and the many services in the hotel (including the pool, below) are first-class.


My room (below) is among the most comfortable I've ever stayed in. I like the terry cloth robes that are provided. And the complimentary soft chocolate peanut brittle. And the recliner. And the free wireless internet. And the--well, you get the idea.


I couldn't ask for better accommodations, and would rank the Davenport among the top few hotels in which I've had the pleasure of staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment