O'Doherty's

I arrived in Spokane around noon, and after the kind folks at the Davenport Hotel (which I'll blog about tomorrow) let me check in early, I headed out to find a place for lunch.


I ended up at O'Doherty's, an Irish pub across the street from Riverfront Park.


The walls and pillars inside the pub are plastered with dollar bills, each with a name or initials on it. I asked the bartender to explain, and he said that anyone who gets up to sing in front of the crowd earns the right to place their name and money among the others. I decided to save my voice...and my money.


I took a table outside and enjoyed the day and the traffic....and the shepherd's pie the server recommended (below).


It was quite good, and the service was friendly.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment