"The Return" Book Launch, Berlin OH

Yesterday (Saturday) morning, I met my coauthor and fifth cousin J. M. (Joan) Hochstetler at Gospel Book Store in Berlin, Ohio, for the official book launch and first book signing of The Return, the sequel to our previous historical novel (based on events in our common family history), Northkill.
We had a magnificent time signing books and meeting friends new and old (above is one of them, my long-time friend--notice I didn't say old--Bev, who drove from Orrville, Ohio, to chat and pay full price for both books. What a friend!). And it is always a pleasure to spend time with each other and with Eli "Small" Hochstetler and his wife, Vesta, the proprietors of the bookstore.
I couldn't resist surreptitiously snapping a photo of (apparently) the local Amish men's basketball team as they talked together in the rocking chairs nearby. Oh, and the local grocery store (right next door) was offering FREE coffee and donuts! Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment