Mt. Hermon Christian Writers Conference, Santa Cruz CA

I have long wanted to attend and present at Mt. Hermon Christian Writers Conference in Santa Cruz, California, so I was thrilled last year when I finally received an invitation. No idea what took them so long.
I arrived last Thursday, checked in, consigned my books, unpacked, and did my best to get my bearings in the jaw-droppingly scenic environs among immense California redwoods.
Mt. Hermon is the "grandaddy" of Christian writers conferences, having run for forty-eight years or so, if I remember right. This year's conference is the largest ever, I think, with 230+ people enjoying the hospitality, food, teaching, and fellowship of these rich and rewarding days.
It has also been a pleasure to listen to pastor and author Mark Batterson, the keynote speaker for the week (and also author of one of my favorite books, In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day), among many other fine aspects of the conference. Plus, I get to talk about books and writing with my kind of people while renewing old friendships and starting new ones. I did, however, resist the urge to go on the early Sunday morning kayaking adventure, hard as it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment