Saturday Walk on Gethsemani's Trails

There are many walking trails on the grounds of the Abbey if Gethsemani, where I spent my latest prayer retreat this weekend. Some are sunny, some are wide, and some are grassy. But my favorite is the woodland path that leads to "the statues" (there are numerous statues on this and other paths, but in this case "the statues" has a particular meaning.
It winds through the woods, across a wooden bridge, past a fish pond (above), and up a wooden staircase, before arriving at the striking statues in a small clearing that depict Jesus' agony (and Peter, John, and James's slumber) in the Garden of Gethsemane (below).
Those are just some of the things I love about this walk, which I take almost every time I come here. It feeds my soul and renews my gratitude, every single time.

No comments:

Post a Comment