Cap City Diner

It would be easy to miss the Cap City Diner at 1299 Olentangy River Road in Columbus, Ohio...but don't.

The diner (which is much larger inside than appears from the road, and which features a full bar as well) is one of restaurateur Cameron Mitchell's dozen area establishments.

And it's a great one. Of course, they had me at "hello, warm and soft dinner rolls."

Robin's pot roast with seasonal vegetables prompted the ravest (is that a word?) review I've heard from her in a long time.

And my southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes, green beans and red peppers was excellent. I actually loved the vegetables. Yes, you heard that right: I loved the vegetables.

The portions were large, just the way I like them, and perfectly prepared and presented. The service was likewise just right--attentive but un-intrusive.

If you're ever in the area, make a meal at Cap City Diner a top priority.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment