Greenwood Lake

I had the privilege and joy this past weekend of joining in a Salvation Army men's retreat at Greenwood Lake Camp and Conference Center in Delaware, Ohio.
Hosted at the Brigadier & Mrs. Art Hill Lodge on the grounds (above), seventy or eighty men from all over Ohio met for worship and study from Friday evening through midday Sunday.
I got to share four studies on the theme, "Jesus Loves You But Everyone Else Thinks You're a Jerk" on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday morning, Major Frank Kirk led a fine study on David, the "man after God's own heart," and the new divisional commander, Major Larry Ashcraft, brought a stirring message on fanning the flames of our hearts and lives. Throughout the weekend, worship was ably led by Lt. Mark Ferreira, and various delegates gave moving testimonies and musical selections.
The schedule also allowed time for a Saturday afternoon stroll, as well as a few games of ping pong. I would have demanded rematches but chose the path of forgiveness instead.

I was surprised to reflect on the drive up that I think this was my first visit to Greenwood Lake--after so many years of living and serving in Ohio. I could be wrong, but in any case I hope it will not be my last.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment