American Bible Society and Mobia Museum of Biblical Art

I was delighted this morning to find on my walk this morning, right on Columbus Circle, the New York headquarters of the American Bible Society.


The inviting lobby and cafe--open to the public--is equipped with iPads and MacBooks for visitors' use. And upstairs is a museum if Biblical art:


Photos of the exhibit were not permitted, of course, but take my word for it: it was a wonderful exhibit by 19th century artists of Biblical themes, including Gustav Dore. I was most struck by a large oil painting of The Adoration of the Magi by an artist who was new to me.

The free pamphlets in the lobby also announced weekly Bible studies, a kids app, and more good stuff. I was pleased and impressed. A real unexpected blessing.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment