Pinch Me Places: The Grand Canyon

The idea of this occasional series of "pinch me places" on this blog is to catalog places I have visited that were awe-inspiring enough that they made me almost want to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. The Grand Canyon is that kind of place.

I've seen it at least twice--when I was ten years old, with my grandparents, and a few years ago with the lovely Robin. She had never been there before, so it was a real joy to share it with her. We stayed a night at El Tovar Lodge on the south rim (pretty much a pinch-me kind of experience in its own right), and then walked the rim the next day. It was cold (note the coats!) and windy. But the scenery more than the brisk wind took our breath away.

If you've never visited the Grand Canyon, you must understand: photos cannot--will NEVER--do it justice. It must be seen to be believed. You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment