Bible Come Alive (Pt. 1)

The thing I love most about traveling through the land of the Bible is watching the Bible come alive before my eyes. I love reading Scripture in or near the site it refers to. So I thought I'd present a series of photos captioned by a verse or two of Scripture referring to the place I experienced on my most recent tour of Jordan, Israel, and Egypt:

[Moses sent messengers to Edom, saying] "Please let us pass through your country. We will not go through any field or vineyard, or drink water from any well. We will travel along the king's highway and not turn to the right or to the left until we have passed through your territory." But Edom answered: "You may not pass through here; if you try, we will march out and attack you with the sword" (Numbers 20:17-18, NIV).

(Note the left-most peak in the range) Moses did as the LORD commanded: They went up Mount Hor in the sight of the whole community. Moses removed Aaron's garments and put them on his son Eleazar. And Aaron died there on top of the mountain (Numbers 20:27-28, NIV).

The pride of your heart has deceived you,
you who live in the clefts of the rocks
and make your home on the heights,
you who say to yourself,
'Who can bring me down to the ground?'

Though you soar like the eagle
and make your nest among the stars,
from there I will bring you down,"
declares the LORD (Obadiah 3-4, NIV).

Then Moses climbed Mount Nebo from the plains of Moab to the top of Pisgah, across from Jericho. There the LORD showed him the whole land—from Gilead to Dan, 2 all of Naphtali, the territory of Ephraim and Manasseh, all the land of Judah as far as the western sea, [a] 3 the Negev and the whole region from the Valley of Jericho, the City of Palms, as far as Zoar. 4 Then the LORD said to him, "This is the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob when I said, 'I will give it to your descendants.' I have let you see it with your eyes, but you will not cross over into it" (Deuteronomy 34:1-4, NIV).

On the third day Laban was told that Jacob had fled. Taking his relatives with him, he pursued Jacob for seven days and caught up with him in the hill country of Gilead (Genesis 31:22-23, NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment