Mosaic Church, Los Angeles, CA

Last week, the lovely Robin and I enjoyed a vacation with our California family--Aaron, Nina, Miles, and Mia--in southern California. We arrived late Saturday night, so on Sunday we grabbed the opportunity to worship in Hollywood at Mosaic LA, located on the corner of Hollywood Boulevard and La Brea.
What a joy it was to worship once again with our loved ones! Oh my. Oh my. On our way into the church we were greeted warmly and often. I think at least six different people introduced themselves to me, and not all of them were part of the welcome team. 
The music and singing part of worship was outstanding--good and loud, immersive, sharp, and participatory (though Aaron and I both noticed that the guitars were absent from the mix; what's up with that?).  And the message, by Erwin McManus (one of my favorite preachers; he's ministered to me via podcast for many years), was excellent. 
After worship, stations and teams were situated in the courtyard to make it easy for people to connect and follow up. The crowd was (predictably enough) much younger than me and Robin--in fact, when I told Aaron that I was possibly the oldest person there, he remarked that even he felt old compared to most of the crowd! 

Mosaic hosts worship gatherings every Sunday at 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 5 p.m., and 7 p.m. They provide children's ministry during the morning gatherings, and the youth group meets during the 12:00 gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment