Suite Night at GABP

It was such a joy last night to be accompanied by the lovely Robin to a Cincinnati Reds game at Great American Ball Park. She wasn't the only offer I had for the August 22 game against the Chicago Cubs but it was the best! 
It didn't hurt that Robin's offer included a suite--the first time ever that either of us have enjoyed such treatment! And Robin was able to visit with many friends from her office while paying scant attention to the game, while I was able to follow every pitch and play (including a couple gems by Billy Hamilton, another by Adam Duvall, a play at home, and home runs by Gennett, Suarez (2), and Winker). 

So the Reds' bullpen couldn't find the strike zone, big deal. So the pitching staff blew a couple three-run leads, whatever. Free LaRosa's pizza, Skyline coneys, and Montgomery Inn pulled pork helped to soothe the pain.
And when Robin wasn't looking I was nearly swept off my feet by Rosie Red--who kissed me! So it wasn't a win for the home team, but it was a win-win for me and the lovely Robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment