Champions Club at Great American Ballpark

I was able to accept an almost-last-minute invitation from a friend to the Cincinnati Reds game against the San Diego Padres last night at Great American Ball Park. I'm so glad I did.
It's hard to get a good shot of the new Pete Rose statue in the early evening shade, but I was glad to see it on my way in. Man, what a history this team has!
And thanks to my friend Karl, my ticket was for the exclusive and all-inclusive Champions Club level, located behind home plate and along the first-base side of the park. The area includes a free buffet featuring everything from free hot dogs and free burgers to free paninis, free pizza, free stir-fry and free pasta, plus unlimited free non-alcoholic beverages and free ice cream bars. Oh, and did I mention it's all free? I was so excited I couldn't even hold the camera still for a non-blurry photo.
And our seats were uh-mazing. First row, middle of the section. And the ticket was free. Don't know if I mentioned that.
It was a bee-yoo-tiful evening for baseball, and even though the Reds lost (7-3), we saw a couple great catches by (who else?) Billy Hamilton, a home run by Tucker Barnhart, and had a great time talking baseball, family, writing, and publishing. Thanks, Karl!

No comments:

Post a Comment