Dunaway Books, St. Louis MO

My brothers and I ventured out this afternoon to Dunaway Books, home to more than 100,000 used and rare titles. 

What a great place for bibliophiles like us. We spent about an hour or so browsing the store's two-and-a-half floors.


I was tempted by a three-volume illustrated Shakespeare, but eventually settled on a much less expensive volume I found on the mezzanine (above). It is a 1936 Scribner facsimile edition of the Titus Andronicus First Quarto, a beautiful volume. . . For just five dollars.


The labyrinthine lower level deepened the experience (see what I did there?). I really wanted to know what lies behind the padlocked door in the farthest corner of the basement.


Even the restroom was a literary experience (above). And the staff member at the counter could not have been more helpful. I highly recommend it. Dunaway Books (www.dunawaybooks.com) is located at 3111 South Grand in St. Louis, Missouri. The store is open every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment