Hurricane Holiday Inn

They call it the Winfield Holiday Inn Express, but our hotel's mailing address is Hurricane, West Virginia. Maybe customers feel better about staying in Winfield. I guess I do, too, since the lovely Robin and I are on our way to Myrtle Beach with half of our family.
It's far from the nicest place to stay--though it has an indoor pool for the grandkids and a fitness center for, well, other people--but the pool smelled funny, there was a noticeable gap between the top of our room's door and the doorjamb, and we found a dead bug and a dirty sock in the room. We're pretty sure neither belonged to us. But the staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was very well stocked, so there's that.

It is located at the junction of Rt. 34 and I-64, not far from Charleston, WV.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment