Corky's BBQ

The lovely Robin and I try to observe a rule when we travel: no restaurants we can eat at when we're home.


When I told some of the conferees at today's Memphis writer's conference at which I'm teaching, they took me to Corky's.


Corky's is a barbecue place, terrifically decorated with vintage posters and photos of visiting celebrities.


We ordered takeout, which was ready in short order.


My lunch was a pulled pork salad--or pig salad--which was delicious.


I'm not sure I can forgive myself for having a salad instead of ribs or a pulled pork sandwich. But I'll try.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed Corky's. We loved having you here. Great conference! Come back soon. We have some more cool places to take you.

    The conferees (M & M)

    ReplyDelete