Seen at Starbucks

I was minding my own business at Starbucks this morning, when a young woman (Miami student, I'm sure) came to the fixin's bar by my table. I looked up momentarily from my book, and couldn't help but notice that her feet were positioned in a way that, while not atypical of females in my experience, nonetheless looked mighty unnatural.

Seriously, who stands like that? I even hesitated pulling out my iPhone, figuring she'd never hold the pose for long. But she did. And seemed perfectly comfortable doing it, before walking away like a normal person.

But it caused me stress just looking at it.

1 comment:

  1. I stand like that all the time... it's a ballet pose... 4th position I think, though maybe she's trying to do 5th position but has gym shoes on. It's a nice stretch for the calf muscles! Now that I do yoga, I find myself doing Mountain pose while in line at stores. :)

    ReplyDelete