SA Officers Councils at Big Bear Lake, CA

The lovely Robin and I were honored and excited to share in this past week's Salvation Army Officers Councils, held at Pine Summit Camp in Big Bear Lake, California, in the San Bernardino Mountains. What a beautiful setting for an incredible event.
I was asked to present most of my "Dancing with God" series (available here in ebook format), so I did. The group mostly stayed awake and attentive throughout, and it was a delight to participate in the many ways the careful planning supported the theme. 
It was such a delight to re-connect with my cousin, George Baker (above), with whom I shared many memories (and mischievities) growing up. He's still a pretty good guy, but spending time also with his wife Jeanne (below, with the lovely Robin) was even better. 

Keeping with the "dancing" theme, one of the evening activities was a session of line dancing lessons for which we were told to wear our best western garb. Since we flew to the event, I had to leave my boots and hat at home (seriously), so had only a borrowed shirt. But it had fringe. So there. 

The whole week was a great blessing, thanks to the Bakers and all of our new friends in the Sierra Del Mar Division. 


No comments:

Post a Comment