Family Retreat at Camp Wonderland (WI)

I had a marvelous time this past weekend at Camp Wonderland in Wisconsin, speaking at The Salvation Army Metro (Chicagoland) Division's Family Retreat. 
Upwards of five hundred wonderful people gathered for the event, which was extremely well-organized and well-executed by all who participated. My little contribution was far outshined by the enthusiastic worship, multi-lingual Scripture readings and prayers, testimonies, recognitions, presentation of new cadets, and a sacred dance piece on Sunday morning that just plain blessed my socks off. 
I got to reunite with several old (and boy, do I mean old!) friends like Major Joe Tamayo, from way back in the day, and make new friends that I hope and pray to see again often, and real soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment