The Jolly Pumpkin

The Jolly Pumpkin Restaurant, Brewery, and Distillery on Old Mission Peninsula, which the lovely Robin and I visited this evening, was recommended to us by friends. We will thank them when we get home.
I loved the "rustic atmosphere marked by fireside warmth and earthy woods in a comfortable cottage like setting" (that's from the website, www.jollypumpkin.com).
I fully intended to experience one of their impressive array of gourmet salads. Honest, I did. But Robin was tempted by the Farmhouse Ale Marinated Hanger Steak (below). And I wasn't going to eat a salad--not even a Cherry Pecan Salad--while she had steak. So I ordered the Crab Tater Tots appetizer (above)...
...and Hickory Smoked Baby Back Ribs and Ale Battered Great Lakes Perch with fries.
It was all good, good eating. Robin even enjoyed her locally grown asparagus, which was a surprise. After thirty-six-plus years of marriage, I guess she can still surprise me.

The Jolly Pumpkin is located at 13512 Peninsula Drive on Michigan's Old Mission Peninsula. And no, we didn't sample any of their signature brews or spirits; but the ice water flowed freely all night, I can assure you!

No comments:

Post a Comment