The JHFA Sixth North American Gathering

The lovely Robin and I met my brother Don and his wife, Arvilla, at the Sixth Quinquennial (that's a real thing, people) North American Gathering of the Jacob Hochstetler Family (Jacob, who
immigrated to North America in 1738, is my great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather).


Our weekend started with dinner and a program last night (Friday) in the Locust Grove Mennonite Church in Belleville, PA.


The festivities (exhibits, seminars, plenary, etc.) continue today at Mifflin County High School in Lewistown, PA.


Among the exhibits is a 226-year-old German Bible (above) that once belonged to Joseph Hochstetler (the son of the migrant Jacob) and later, his son John.

I present a seminar this morning on Writing from Personal Experience and the keynote this afternoon: "A Goodly Heritage." I hope they are kinda sorta good.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment