Travel Regrets: Oxford, England

In 1995, the lovely Robin and I enjoyed a splendid tour of England and visit with our dear friends Nigel, Rachel, Samantha, Carlene, and Dathan Horridge.

We squeezed as much as we could into those seven or eight days. London, of course, with its Tower of London and 221B Baker Street and Madame Tussaud's and Piccadilly and Trafalgar and Westminster and more. Nottingham. Warwick Castle. Chatsworth. Coventry. Stratford-upon-Avon. And more. So much more.

In such a trip, there are so many tough choices. You can't do everything. But I do regret not having been able to squeeze in a visit to Oxford. I may even have raised a pint to C. S. Lewis at The Eagle and Child. I'm reminded of my regret every time I watch an episode of Inspector Lewis.

But we hope and plan to return to that green and pleasant land in just a few years, and then I will do all I can to make Oxford a point in the itinerary.

(photo by Jeff Wilcox)

No comments:

Post a Comment