Wholly Enjoyable Indianapolis

Earlier this week (Wednesday and Thursday), I had the joy of spending a couple days with my fellow Cobblestone staff members in Indianapolis, while attending the North American Christian Convention at the Indianapolis Convention Center. We stayed at the Hilton right downtown (my roommate was Andrew Holzworth, who made me sleep on a rollaway bed while HE luxuriated in the room's king size bed).

The Indianapolis Hilton is situated just a block from the Soldiers and Sailors Monument (which has an observation deck in the tower):

And half a block in the opposite direction is the Indiana Statehouse (below), built in 1888, the fifth building to house the state government. I would have loved to have had the chance to enter and see a little of the inside of this building, but our schedule was just a tad too packed.

We did, however, on a lunch break on Wednesday, have time to walk a few blocks for lunch in the Wholesale District:

Our whirlwind visit to Indianapolis was wholly enjoyable, in every way, and made a return visit to the area very attractive.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I am writing you concerning the last image in this post, which I found through a google image search, which led me to your lovely blog. I am a Web Design student creating a website about Indianapolis for a design competition. The website includes a section about the history and culture of the Wholesale District in Indianapolis, and I thought your image was lovely and would like to use your image on my site, with your permission. The website is for educational purposes only so the image would only be used for non-commercial purposes. I would really appreciate it. If you have any other questions concerning its usage, please let me know. You can contact me through my email below.

    Thank you for your time,

    Susan Simkins
    Web Designer
    susan@susan-simkins.com
    Francis Tuttle Technology Center
    Oklahoma City, OK

    ReplyDelete