Jean-Robert's Table, Cincinnati, OH

I have long said (well, since 2013) I wanted my daughter to experience a meal at Jean-Robert's Table in Cincinnati. So, since last Friday was the long-awaited fulfillment of her (and her husband Kevin's) Christmas gift to me--a Cincinnati Shakespeare Company performance of 2 Henry VI with her--I decided to take advantage of the occasion. 
The location, at 713 Vine Street in downtown Cincinnati, would be easy to overlook. But you shouldn't. It's not a huge restaurant, and everything about it is confidently understated. 
We shared a lobster-and-scallops appetizer (above), which was predictably perfect. 
I had to ask what the Trio Concho was (above), and when our very helpful server explained that it was three different pork cuts, I jumped in with both feet. Wow, was it good. And Aubrey said her filet was exceptional, too. 
We shared a crème brûlée (above). I wasn't about to let that opportunity pass, although my date did manage to dig in before I could snap a picture. And then she had more bites than she said she would, but I will keep that to myself. And the interwebs. 

Dinner at Jean-Robert's Table is a unique and delectable pleasure. It's not cheap, but it's memorable. And it's only two blocks from the current home of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company. 


No comments:

Post a Comment