Northkill Book Signing in Berlin

Last Saturday morning, I joined my coauthor J. M. Hochstetler for a book signing at Gospel Bookstore in Berlin, Ohio. That's me on the left in the photo above. Joan (J. M. Hochstetler) is on the right, and that's the store's owners, Vesta and Eli "Small" Hochstetler, in the middle.

Small and Vesta run an absolutely wonderful bookstore, one of the few I've seen in recent years that is actually a BOOKstore. I mean, they have a LOT of books! They also have art and gift items, etc., but it is a bookstore, first and foremost, which of course thrilled me. 
We were there from 9-12, signing books and meeting new friends and many, many relatives. One of those friends and relatives was Marvin Miller (below), who is not only a relative of me and Joan, but is also a descendant of Hannes Mueller, who was injured by the war party who was carrying our ancestor Jacob Hochstetler and two of his sons into captivity (an account that is related in Northkill).  

Joan and I are already making plans to return later this year to Berlin and Gospel Bookstore. You should make plans to visit, too. You won't be sorry. 

The Gospel Bookstore is located in German Village on Oak Street in Berlin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment