Suite Night at Fifth Third Field, Dayton OH

I've had more baseball fun--and lived higher on the hog, so to speak--in the last couple months than ever before in my life, and last evening was just the latest episode.

The lovely Robin and I, along with our daughter Aubrey, son-in-law Kevin, grandchildren Calleigh, Ryder, and Avery, and our friends Patty and Ted, joined my friend Karl and his family and friends in a suite at Fifth Third Field, the home of the Dayton Dragons baseball club, a Class A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds.
It was a fine September night for baseball, punctuated by a full moon and a near-first-game-of-the-playoffs win for the Dragons. Alas, the game was lost, 3-2, in the ninth inning, but boy was it fun. The home plate umpire, Robert Nunez, sang his strike calls, operatically. At first the others in our party didn't believe me when I told them the sound was coming from the ump, but I finally got them to notice it. So fun. And the grandkids even got to see themselves on the big screen.
And the suite was sweet. Free pizza, hot dogs, burgers, cookies, fruit, and drinks, and fine company. And, as you see in the photo above, the grandkids loved sitting (and, despite frequent admonitions, rolling around) on the baseball-shaped stools.

Thanks again, Karl, for a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment