Montgomery Inn Boathouse, Cincinnati OH

After all these years I've lived in the Cincinnati area (1958-1971, 1973-1977, 1983-1987, 1992-now), I've never made it to Montgomery Inn Boathouse...until last evening. Like many Cincinnatians, I'm a huge fan of Montgomery Inn's ribs, which I've always enjoyed at their original location, in Montgomery (thus the name).
So I was excited to take my friends, Donnalyn Davis, Michelle Cox, and Kaley Rhea, to the boathouse for their first encounter with Montgomery Inn ribs.
We all ordered the half-slab and soon commenced oohing, aahing, and mmming. The above photo, tinted red by the awning under which we ate, like the group photo of us all, doesn't do justice to the uniquely tasty entree.
The Belle of Cincinnati (above) passed by as we shared food and uproarious conversation. I wish I could relate the "compression stockings" story, among others. You had to be there, though.
Like the other Montgomery Inn locations, the boathouse is stocked with sports memorabilia, including the above seat from Crosley Field, home of the Cincinnati Reds from 1912-1970. And you betcha I sat in it. I may have sat in it back in the day, perhaps even at the last Crosley Field game. That's right, I was there.
Montgomery Inn Boathouse is located at 925 Riverside Drive, just east of downtown Cincinnati. You should go. And take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment