Bartmannshaus Hotel and Restaurant




The lovely Robin and I checked into our lodgings in Dillenburg, Germany, this morning. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating and we couldn't be more pleased with the amenities.



Late this afternoon, our host arranged for me to see a doctor, as I think I've come down with a brutal sinus infection. Though I was disappointed that the doctor didn't prescribe antibiotics (though he was exceptionally pleasant and kind), the pharmacy (which had just closed when we arrived) reopened just for us. Still, instead of the large dinner our host had planned for us with his staff, he graciously allowed us to bow out and we walked next door to the Bartmann's Haus Restaurant (see above and below).


We loved the ambiance and elegance of this establishment.


We were seated immediately, and offered English menus.


Soon after ordering, our server brought a delicious pork-and-cabbage appetizer:


I had the perfectly cooked duck with cabbage and potatoes (garnished by romanescos, a combination of broccoli and cauliflower):


Robin ordered beef tournedos with mashed potatoes and green beans-bacon-and-pears.


It was all absolutely wonderful repast in a delightful setting. It could only have been better if I had been feeling healthier.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment